Tuesday, September 21, 2010

For want of solar flares.

I stand upright
my face and neck turned up tight.
Overhead,
blooming clouds billow in undulating apprehension
as I slowly lift off the ground.
I am helium, I am bouyant.
The more I ascend, the faster
I am to the end of the beaming trophosphere
and emptiness beyond.
There is no wind resistance,
no tempting friction.
No pressure effects me.
The clouds spin below me
waving goodbye gently.
I wish I could see,
but my neck pulls eagerly
to the endless blanket of dark above me.
Blue...then black suddenly
the afternoon sun winks warily
as the horizontal horizon turns vertically,
and my mind is no longer
bent on understanding gravity,
pulsating nebulas, and collisions of stars
as they pass into my memory.
Beloved sun whipping solar winds at me.
Your summer light vanished
to turn on the atmosphere electromagnetically.
So here you blaze in front
of my body, as a will to state
you could evaporate when you deem worthy.
But I am overcome with your strings of fire
as they envelop me.

No comments: